ORIX METRO Leasing and Finance Corporation, is a joint venture between two large conglomerates: the Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company (Metrobank) and the ORIX Corporation of Japan.
ORIX METRO and its subsidiaries serve top corporations through financing facilities and leasing services for transportation equipment, office equipment, industrial machinery, manufacturing machinery, and other types of equipment.
The company was initially incorporated on June 28, 1977 and was granted authority as a finance company on July 1, 1977. Its first branch opened three years later in Cebu in September 1980. ORIX METRO has subsequently opened other branches in key cities all over the Philippines. To date, ORIX METRO has grown to a total of 72 branches with plans of opening more branches this year.
ORIX METRO offers mainly financial and capitalized leases. Full Service operating leases of vehicles are done through the wholly-owned subsidiary ORIX Rental Corporation. ORIX Auto Leasing Philippines Corporation offers short term car rental and hotel limousine service. OMLF International Trading and Development Corporation offers Real Estate leasing. ORIX METRO also operates an insurance agency named OMLF Insurance Agency. It also established the OMLF Service Corporation, a credit and collection firm.
The OMLF Group has the following subsidiaries:
• ORIX Rental Corporation is a VAT registered company engaged in operating leases of motor vehicles, computers, office equipment, and selected manufacturing equipment.
• ORIX Auto Leasing Philippines Corporation is an LTFRB franchisee engaged in car-rental operations on short and long term basis. Major clientele are five-star hotels and large corporations. Rentals are subject to three percent (3%) Carrier’s Tax.
• OMLF International Trading and Development Corporation is engaged in the operating lease of real properties with improvements for warehouses as well as plant buildings and facilities. The company mainly offers these products to multinational clients.
• OMLF Insurance Agency caters to the insurance requirements of the OMLF Group of Companies.
• OMLF Service Corporation is a SEC registered company engaged in the general servicing business by providing credit and collection functions to individuals, firms, or corporations.